Neck pain ranks in the top 5 disorders in the United States, with 10-20% of people reporting incidents of neck pain. Neck pain is a musculoskeletal condition with high prevalence that may affect the physical, social, and psychological aspects of the individual, contributing to the increase in costs in society and business.
Common causes of neck pain are cervical dysfunction, muscle and tendon strains, sprains, osteoarthritis and herniated disc or degenerative disc disease. Common symptoms related to neck pain are headaches, shoulder pain, arm numbness or tingling.
There are many ways to treat neck pain through medications, exercise therapy and spinal manipulation, or chiropractic care. Depending upon the condition, chiropractic care can treat many of these symptoms through gentle adjustments.
Chiropractic care has a proven track record to address many common neck pain issues. A review of scientific literature found evidence that patients with chronic neck pain enrolled in clinical trials reported significant improvement following chiropractic spinal manipulation.
We Treat Neck Pain Issues
If you’re suffering from uncomfortable neck pain caused by stiffness or a muscle strain, we can help. We treat all kinds of common neck pain issues related to whiplash, poor posture, muscle strains, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, herniated discs and pinched nerves. Depending upon your personal needs, we will create a treatment plan for you which may include spinal manipulation, mobilization, massage and rehabilitative exercises.
We provide a complete approach to our care and will often combine treatments to get the best results. For example, there are times when it’s necessary to combine adjustments with massage, or neck decompression.
What to Expect When You See Us
We start with an initial consultation, exam and if needed, an X-Ray so we can fully understand the nature of your condition. After that, we will schedule a follow-up report to meet with you and discuss our findings and go over our recommended treatment plan. Our treatment plan includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Intersegmental Traction: Also known as the “rolling massage bed”. Effective procedure for gentle mobilization of the spine and overall relaxation of the neck back prior to the chiropractic adjustment.
- Ice/Heat Therapy: Ice only for the initial stages of inflammation and pain control during the first 72 hours if it’s a back injury. Heat for relaxation of muscle spasms. Combination of ice/heat/ice to increase circulation and flushing out inflammatory waste at the site of injury.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Our foundation for any good treatment plan. The mobilization and alignment of the spine when injured is paramount for healthy repair and mitigation of spinal arthritis and degradation, which is commonly found in back injuries.
- Therapeutic Deep Tissue Massage: Another foundation of any good treatment plan. Nothing is going to help reduce pain, swelling and muscle spasms quite like a good 1 hour massage. This is also very effective when it comes to chronic back pain sufferers.
- ART (Active Release Technique): Restores freedom of movement to damaged restricted joints and various soft tissues, and reduces adhesions, scar tissue, and chronic inflammation which is so common months after an auto collision injury.
- Therapeutic Rehab: No auto injury treatment plan is complete without strengthening the muscles in and around the auto collision injuries for support and stabilization.
- Spinal Decompression: A great procedure for neck and back injuries that are responding slower than anticipated due to more severe injuries to the spinal discs and nerves. Helps to restore hydration to the discs, reduce disc herniations, and uncompressed compressed spinal nerves.
If you’re suffering from neck pain, we may be able to help. Please contact us for an initial exam and our doctors will be able to determine your best plan for recovery.