Many activities can lead to soft-tissue injuries that would benefit from soft-tissue therapy. If not treated properly, soft tissue injuries can build up scar tissue that may limit range of motion, create chronic pain and impair healing.
There are two types of soft tissue injuries that we treat at NW Injury & Rehab Center:
- Overuse injuries: These injuries occur gradually over time, when an activity is repeated so often, areas of the body do not have enough time to heal between occurrences. Herniated discs, sciatica, frozen shoulder, carpal tunnel, tendinitis and bursitis are common soft-tissue overuse injuries.
- Acute injuries: These are caused by a sudden trauma, such as an auto accident injury, a fall, twist, or blow to the body. Examples of acute injuries are whiplash, sprained ankle, muscle spasm, spine and neck compression and ligament strains.
Soft Tissue Therapy is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, tendons and ligaments. It is applicable for all types of injuries caused from auto accidents, sports or work. It is also good as a proactive approach to avoid injury by keeping the soft tissues in the body loose and limber.
Our Soft Tissue Therapy Treatments
As part of our mission to help our patients reach their maximum potential, we provide soft tissue therapy as part of our overall approach to wellness and pain management. Our therapies consist of:
- Therapeutic Deep Tissue Massage
- Ice/Heat Therapy
- Therapeutic Rehab
- ART® (Active Release Technique)
Our techniques that we use to treat soft-tissue injuries provide you with effective results and ensure your healing process is as efficient as possible.
Our soft tissue therapy may help you:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of surplus toxins left over from injury
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue for better healing
Our clinic has been providing soft tissue therapy to Vancouver residents for over 20 years and with excellent results. We offer this service in conjunction with many of our other services to provide a well-balanced treatment plan for all kinds of injuries ranging from auto accidents, work accidents to sports accidents.
If you would like to book an appointment with one of our talented soft-tissue therapists, please contact us today.