Back pain includes lower, middle, upper and/or sciatica. Experts estimate that up to 80% of the population will experience back pain at some time in their lives [According to Rubin Dl. Epidemiology and Risk Factors for Spine Pain.Neurol Clin. 2007; May;25(2):353-71]. So it’s not uncommon for a person to experience back pain at some time in their life.
However, back pain can also have causes that aren’t due to underlying disease. For example, overuse such as working out or lifting too much weight, especially if you’re not used to it, prolonged sitting and lying down, sleeping in an uncomfortable position, standing all day or wearing a poorly fitting backpack can all contribute to back pain that’s not necessarily related to a health problem.
Back Pain Relief
NW Injury & Rehab provides relief without the use of medications. Our philosophy to get to the root of the issue first, then try and get the body to heal itself. We help to relieve both symptomatic and chronic back pain issues.
We believe that it’s important to address the root cause of the problem instead of just providing surface level treatment. Many people use medications to treat their back pain, but this essentially justs masks the symptoms leaving them prone for future injury because the root cause was not addressed. That’s why we provide a comprehensive treatment for back pain which may include the following:
- Intersegmental Traction: Also known as the “rolling massage bed”. Effective procedure for gentle mobilization of the spine and overall relaxation of the back prior to the chiropractic adjustment.
- Ice/Heat Therapy: If the back has sustained a new injury, Ice only for the initial stages of inflammation and pain control during the first 72 hours. Heat is then applied for relaxation of muscle spasms. Combination of ice/heat/ice to increase circulation and flushing out inflammatory waste at the site of injury.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Our foundation for any good treatment plan. The mobilization and alignment of the spine when injured is paramount for healthy repair and mitigation of spinal arthritis and degradation, which is commonly found in back injuries.
- Therapeutic Deep Tissue Massage: Another key part of any good treatment plan. Nothing is going to help reduce pain, swelling and muscle spasms quite like a good 1 hour massage. This is also very effective when it comes to chronic back pain sufferers.
- ART® (Active Release Technique): Restores freedom of movement to damaged restricted joints and various soft tissues, and reduces adhesion, scar tissue, and chronic inflammation which is so common with chronic back pain.
- Therapeutic Rehab: No auto injury treatment plan is complete without strengthening the muscles in and around the impacted area for support and stabilization.
- Spinal Decompression: A great procedure for back injuries that are responding slower than anticipated due to more severe injuries to the spinal discs and nerves. Helps to restore hydration to the discs, reduce disc herniation, and decompress spinal nerves.